Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Have Multiple Sclerosis ... and (stand back) I'm not afraid to use it.

Lots of people ask me why I have so many multiple sclerosis links on Facebook.
I am very interested in that particular disease because I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting MS in 1993. I feel it is extremely important to become knowledgeable about any condition, disease, disorder or malady from which you, or a loved one, suffers.
Knowledge is power. I have never left a doctor's office fully comprehending the "medical speak" but I have never left an office without having fully checked off my questions list, either.
My MS has never been kept secret from anyone who knows me. The more people who become aware of MS, the better off this world is.
Cancer, heart disease, fibromyalgia, Alzheimer's ... and on and on ... are all worthy of my attention. AND, often get my attention. But, I am fighting multiple sclerosis the best way I know how. Writing about it. Spreading the word.
Frankly, I was tired of reading medical journals, ezines, books, etc. that focused on the clinical aspect of the disease. So, I did what I know. I wrote a fiction/faction novel that incorporates multiple sclerosis. Now I am hearing from strangers all over the internet who are interested in the novel.
What better way to get the word out? Make it interesting and, I hope, entertaining. I know I listen and learn when I am entertained.
Ask me questions...I'll answer them. Write me letters...I'll write back. Don't be a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment