Saturday, May 7, 2011

My heartfelt thanks


I want to thank all of you for your support and interest in my novel, “Once in Every Generation.” I’d like to thank you for putting up with these e-mails, Facebook posts, blogs and tweets. Mainly, I’d like to announce that my promoting the novel has finally, as I am sure you are happy to read, slowed down to what will be a crawl.


In this new age of publishing, the onus has fallen upon the author to promote their story, and so I have. This is not to say that I will not, on occasion, announce a promotion. However, the time has come to begin work on my next novel. And, since I’m not a multi-tasker (I’m really more of a hemi-tasker) I’ve decided to concentrate my limited energies on the new book.


Of course, I encourage ALL of you to continue to spread the word about “Once… .” It is through this grassroots promoting that the book has reached a tipping point and has begun to take on a life of its own. I am thrilled to know through your messages that the story has touched you on some level.


Once…” is now available on my website, Amazon, Barnes & Noble.com, a myriad of online booksellers, Kindle, Nook, IPad, Sony Reader, Diesel, Kobo, and though Smashwords.com, which allows it to be available in Epub, RTF, LRF, PDB, .mobi, HTML, Java (whew!) and every kind of format known to humankind and probably humanoids.


In this electronic age of publishing, I fear there will come a day when we no longer walk into bookstores, nor will we hold musty pages in our hands, nor will we inhale the aroma of an aged book. Frankly, that saddens me and that is why I was a hold-out on the e-books. However, a wise man once told me that you have to speak to your customers (readers) in ways they like, to make it easier to obtain your product. Now, I have. However, with the new formatting, “Once…” loses its beautiful cursive fonts to a basic Times Roman. All letters are at 12 pt. (although I am told that someone who knows what they are doing can manipulate that). There are no autographed copies and, worst of all; there is no smell of the page. But, you can download it in seconds, add it to your e-bookshelf along with your line-up of 500 other books, and only carry one small tablet around.


Again, I thank you for your past and continued interest in my novel. I have made some wonderful friends through online chat rooms, and that is something I value the most. Keep in touch. (My links are listed below)


Lauren B. Grossman

E-mail: lauren@laurenbgrossman.comWebsite: http://www.laurenbgrossman.com
Youtube Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQorTkiMfuc
My blog: http://laurenbgrossman.blogspot.com/
Twitter: peacock10
Facebook: Lauren Jaroslow Grossman
Amazon: http://amzn.to/d0MUEz
Kindle: http://bit.ly/fVAPAO
Smashwords: www.smashwords.com/books/view/50529?ref=laurenbgrossman
Barnes & Noble.com: www.bn.com
Wheatmark Publishing: www.wheatmark.com

No comments:

Post a Comment