Monday, August 29, 2011

    Well, I'm at the airport and am way too early, as is my custom. I'm one of those people who have to arrive hours ahead of the requested time, check her purse several times to make sure the ticket has not fallen out, find a seat that is closest to the boarding door, and then just settle in. My flight is not for another two hours.
    My trusty cane is by my side and my handicap (hate that word) boarding pass is in my pocket. Yes, I drive my husband nuts when he travels with me. I like to be the first on board and he likes to be last. But, the truth of the matter, which he understands, is that I cannot stand for great lengths of time while people are boarding and stowing their carry-ons in the overhead bins. I don't have the patience, nor do I have the strength in my legs.
    He is not travelling with me for this trip, so I don't feel guilty for being early.
    Mexico! My husband is learning the Spanish for "Where is my wife? I need to speak to the American Embassy." I don't have the same worries as he.
    Although I have not been back in quite a while, and the Mexican cartels are certainly making international    news, I will be with people who are comfortable living there and know the places to avoid.
   The Meet & Greet book signing will be a combination of a few different groups of people, and I am looking forward to meeting them.
    I'll be working on my novel and I'll try to blog my experience, as I did my London adventure. Though I think staring at the Pacific may prove to be a big distraction for me.
    Adios for now.

3 comments:

  1. Dictionary.com has a Spanish to English and English to Spanish translator program. I love it because when I want something for our Hispanic characters I just plug in what I want to say and it gives it to me. It gives you the way it is for writing in Spanish. Problem is that some programs may not take an upside down question mark as a legitimate symbol.

    So that being said, I typed in Where is my wife? and it responded:

    dónde está mi esposa?

    The upside down question mark should be in front of the sentence.

    So if your husband wants anything else translated now he can do it on line.

    Have a great one! (tienen una estupenda!)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buenos something, Lauren,

    I travel to and from airports just like you. 2 hrs. early, check & re-check for my ticket, make sure ID is still visible, get close to boarding door just because I'm IMPATIENT. So,among other things, we certainly have this in common.

    Enjoy Baja. They used to have nice and inexpensive jewelry, if I remember. Hope the Meet & Greet goes well and is fun,
    xoxo
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy keeping up with you on your blog, Lauren. And I've given you a blog award. Check it out!

    http://gregory-g-allen.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-blog-award-time.html

    ReplyDelete