Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just waiting...

Well, they said my "Author Query Review" would take 2-3 weeks. I am now on week 4. But, actually, I really don't mind. It has given me some time to reflect.
After all, what's the rush? It took me 6 years to get to this final publishing phase. I can afford to wait a few weeks.
Upon reflection I can appreciate the road my novel has taken to get to this point. It was actually written in about 4 months. It was the editing and rewriting that took 6 years. There were times of being unmotivated, busy, ambivalent, and just plain tired. The advice I have read by professional authors to set a time each day to sit and write can be a bit depressing. Working, chauffeuring children, and having a chronic disease of which fatigue is a common symptom, can get in the way of setting a time to write.
To my credit, during those 6 years, I have accomplished some things. I have published an article and written several short stories. One of which was awarded honorary mention from Writers' Digest magazine. That story I have turned into a play, at the urging of a good friend. Perhaps, some day I will see it performed.
But for now, I will await this final phase before it goes to formatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment