Thursday, June 23, 2011

TURN IT ALL OFF!


According to the magazine Writer's Digest, there is a program which helps you turn off Facebook and e-mails, while you are working.

It's a free program called SelfControl.

It sounds ideal. How many times am I on a roll writing, when I hear that tiny little bell go off indicating a new message awaiting me? I become totally distracted and obsessively have the need to read it. Don’t you?

I looked up this program and it’s legit. Problem is that it’s only for the Mac…naturally. So, I e-mailed the creator. He did return my e-mail but he suggested that I write the program for the PC.

We know that won’t happen. But wouldn’t that be a great idea for all you geeks out there?

I really need this program!

Aren’t there times when you just want to turn off all the electronics? Just turn it all off!

Let me know when it gets invented … won’t you, please?

2 comments:

  1. That is a very hard program to get my brain around...like you, I am obsessed with checking all three different email accounts, Facebook & twitter. My OCD is showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a classic case of ADHD...I hope spelled it right!

    ReplyDelete