Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Getting there ... slowly.


Yes, we are getting there ... slowly.
The publishers and I are working on the cover art. Five different covers so far and each time it is a little closer to being accepted.
But that is not what is my biggest issue. I know that the front cover needs to attract attention. But the prospective reader will be attracted and then flip the book over to read what it is about. Aye, there's the rub. Summarizing the entire novel, while leaving enough mystery to compel that reader to actually purchase the book has been tougher than writing the book.
So, I persevere.
I am assured that, assuming I don't hold up the process, the novel will be ready for purchase end of August—beginning of September.
My wrist is still in pain and typing has been laborious because of it. What will it be like when I actually sign copies? I'm willing and hopeful to be able to give it a shot.
As soon as the novel is ready, I will have an area on my website http://www.laurenbgrossman.com/ for purchase through me (although it will be avaible on Wheatmark.com, Amazon.com, Borders.com, Barnes& Noble.com, Books-a-Million.com, etc.). My site is for those who want an autographed copy. Just think: a first edition, custom autographed copy may be worth a lot on e-bay (100 years from now). Heck, I'll even throw in a custom bookmark.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a major accomplishment Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michael.
    I feel really good about finishing the novel. My hope is that people will want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I've heard about your book and look forward to buying an autographed copy.
    The subject matter is very unique and I love the idea of the two women and can't wait to find out what they will go through in their lives.

    Best to you,

    A fan who can't wait for your book to come out!!
    B.G.S.

    ReplyDelete